Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (11th November, 2023)« »
UK to Add India to Safe States List
- The United Kingdom has revealed its intention to add India to its list of safe countries, a decision that essentially restricts asylum rights for undocumented migrants from India.
- This decision aims to simplify immigration processes and strengthening measures for border control.
Brioni Has Been Launched in India by DS Luxury
- French luxury group Kering-owned menswear brand Brioni has been launched in India by DS Luxury, a Dharampal Satyapal Group Limited entity.
- The first boutique will open in Delhi's ‘The Chanakya mall’.
- It will provide a range of ready-to-wear clothing and accessories, along with personalized bespoke services.
N. Srikant Appointed as Additional Secretary In MNRE
- N. Srikant, an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from the Andhra Pradesh cadre, has been designated as the additional secretary of the Union Ministry of Power and New and Renewable Energy.
- Srikant has previously held positions as the energy secretary and as the chairman and managing director of AP-Transco.
Indian Air Force Arrives for Dubai Air Show 2023
- A contingent from the Indian Air Force (IAF) has arrived at Dubai's Al Maktoum International Airport to take part in the biennial Dubai Airshow, set to occur from November 13 to 17, 2023.
- The IAF contingent includes two domestically developed platforms: the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas and the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Dhruv.
- The Tejas will be featured in both static and aerial displays throughout the Airshow, while the Sarang Helicopter Display Team will showcase their formation aerobatics skills.
World’s First AI Human-Like Robot CEO
- Hanson Robotics and Dictador, a company with Polish roots, have named the world's inaugural humanoid robot CEO, known as Mika.
- This initiative seeks to integrate cutting-edge artificial intelligence and machine learning with the distinct values of the company.
Launch of Samsung Gauss
- Samsung, the Korean smartphone manufacturer, has introduced its suite of generative AI models called Samsung Gauss at the company's AI Forum 2023.
- Gauss consists of three tools: a generative AI model called Samsung Gauss Language, a coding assistant called Samsung Gauss Code and an image generator and editor called Samsung Gauss Image.
- The generative AI model is named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, the renowned mathematician who laid the foundation for normal distribution theory, a fundamental aspect of machine learning and AI.