Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (15th November, 2023)« »
Children’s Day 2023
- Children's Day, also known as 'Bal Diwas,' is celebrated every year on November 14 in India.
- It is the birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the country's first prime minister, a leader who held a profound affection for children and believed in their capacity to influence the nation's destiny.
- Bal Diwas is devoted to promoting awareness about children's rights and their overall well-being.
- The theme for this year's Children's Day, 'For every child, every right,' emphasizes the dedication to uphold the rights of every child globally.
SIDBI Introduces ‘Sumpoorn’ MSME Economic Activity Index in Collaboration with Jocata
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has collaborated with Jocata, a digital lending transformation platform, to introduce an innovative initiative named 'Sumpoorn'—a distinctive MSME Economic Activity Index.
- This index is designed to offer a real-time overview of India's crucial MSME sector, which plays a substantial role in the country's Gross Value Added (GVA) and exports.
India Has Signed a $400 Million Policy-Based Loan Agreement With the ADB
- The Indian government has formally inked a policy-based loan agreement of $400 million with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) based in Manila.
- This loan is earmarked to bolster India's urban reform agenda, focusing on the development of high-quality urban infrastructure, improvement of service delivery, and the promotion of efficient governance systems.
6th High-Level Meeting of the India-OPEC Energy Dialogue
- The 6th High-Level Meeting of the India-OPEC Energy Dialogue occurred at the OPEC Secretariat in Vienna, Austria.
- HE Haitham Al Ghais, Secretary General of OPEC, and HE Hardeep Singh Puri, the Honourable Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs of the Republic of India, co-chaired the meeting.
PM Modi To Launch PM-PVTG Mission
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is poised to inaugurate the PM-PVTG Development Mission, an innovative initiative aimed at promoting the holistic development of around 28 lakh people belonging to Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs).
- This momentous occasion is scheduled to align with the birth anniversary celebration of the esteemed tribal freedom fighter, Birsa Munda, observed as Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas for the past three years.