Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (20th January, 2024)« »
Foxconn Sets Up Joint Venture with HCL Group for Semicon OSAT in India
- Foxconn Technology Group from Taiwan and India's HCL Group established a joint venture (JV).
- The JV was established for the creation of a semiconductor outsourced assembly and testing (OSAT) unit.
- In this partnership, Foxconn will have a 40% equity stake, investing $37.2 million in the venture.
- The JV was a non-binding memorandum of understanding and would be followed by negotiations.
Mamata Banerjee Inaugurated 47th International Kolkata Book Fair
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Inaugurated 47th International Kolkata Book Fair.
- The United Kingdom is the theme country for this year’s fair.
- It has about 1,000 stalls and is held at Salt Lake’s Central Park.
PM Modi Inaugurated Khelo India Youth Games 2023
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Khelo India Youth Games 2023 in Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, Chennai.
- The event aims to replicate the success of the 44th Chennai Chess Olympiad organized in 2022.
- The traditional sport Silambam from Tamil Nadu will be featured as a demonstration sport for the first time in the Khelo India Youth Games.
Kokborok Day 2024
- Kokborok Day is annually observed on 19th January in Tripura, India.
- In 2024, the day commemorates 46th anniversary of Kokborok being officially recognized as a language of the state alongside Bengali and English.
- This day serves as a tribute to the diverse linguistic and cultural heritage of the Tripuri people.
Amit Shah Inaugurated Cyber Security Operations Centre in Assam Rifles
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated a Cyber Security Operations Centre at the Assam Rifles Headquarters at Laitkor in Shillong.
- It strengthens Cyber Security by carrying out real-time monitoring of the network, mitigation of external threats & prevention of Cyber violations in the Assam Rifles Wide Area Network (ARWAN).
- The Centre is the first of its kind among all Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).