Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (22nd January, 2024)« »
PepsiCo India Appointed Jagrut Kotecha as New CEO
- PepsiCo India appointed Jagrut Kotecha as its new CEO.
- Currently, he is serving as the Chief Commercial Officer for PepsiCo in Africa, Middle East, and South Asia (AMESA).
- He succeeded Ahmed El Sheikh.
India Launched Alliance for Global Good-Gender Equity and Equality
- India launched Alliance for Global Good-Gender Equity and Equality with the support and endorsement by WEF and Government of India.
- This alliance was launched during the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting at Davos.
- The idea of this emerged from the G20 Leaders’ Declaration and India’s abiding commitment to the cause of women-led development.
- Its objective is to bring together global best practices, knowledge sharing and investments in the identified areas of women’s health, education, and enterprise.
LIC Launched Jeevan Dhara II policy
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a new insurance plan - Jeevan Dhara II - an individual, savings, deferred annuity plan.
- It is a non-linked and non-participating annuity plan.
- It assures guaranteed annuity from the plan’s inception and has 11 annuity options.
SEBI Chairperson Launched CDSL’s Multi-Lingual Initiatives
- The chairperson of SEBI Madhabi Puri Buch launched two multi-lingual initiatives by Central Depository Services (India) (CDSL).
- The goal of the initiative is to enhance inclusivity and accessibility in the capital market.
- CDSL has introduced an upgrade in investor CAS through the 'Apka CAS – Apki Zubaani' initiative, enabling investors to receive their statements in their preferred language amongst 23 diverse Indian languages.
Tata Group Secured IPL Title Sponsorship for 2024-2028
- The TATA group has secured the Indian Premier League (IPL) for a whopping Rs 2500 crores- highest-ever sponsorship amount in the history of the league.
- Previously, the group held the title sponsorship rights for the IPL in 2022 and 2023 and is also the title sponsor of the Women’s Premier League.