Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (27th September, 2023)« »
Waheeda Rehman to be Honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Anurag Thakur, has declared that Waheeda Rehman will be bestowed with the esteemed Dadasaheb Phalke Lifetime Achievement Award.
Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India's highest award in the field of cinema.
- It is presented annually at the National Film Awards ceremony by the Directorate of Film Festivals, an organisation set up by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- The first recipient of the award was actress Devika Rani, who was honoured at the 17th National Film Awards.
Maruti Suzuki Join Hands with Indian Navy for Northeast Outreach Programme
- Maruti Suzuki India joined forces with the Indian Navy to raise awareness about career prospects among the youth of Northeastern India via the 'Khamree Mo Sikkim' outreach program.
- This association underscores the shared commitment of all the stakeholders for the Northeast region.
India’s First Green Hydrogen
- The Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has introduced the country's first green hydrogen-fueled bus.
- IOC is at the forefront of leveraging the potential of green hydrogen, generated through the process of water electrolysis using renewable energy sources.
- This green hydrogen will be deployed to power two buses that are scheduled for experimental runs in the national capital region.
Indian Women's Cricket Team Won Gold Medal in Asian Games 2023
- Indian women's cricket team won their maiden gold medal in Asian Games 2023 by defeating Sri Lanka by 19 runs in final.
- Asian Games 2023 took place in Hangzhou, China.
India’s First Lighthouse Festival
- On September 23, 2023, India’s first Lighthouse Festival or 'Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav' took place in Goa's historic Fort Aguada in Panjim.
- It was inaugurated by Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, the Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and Ayush.
- The festival was aimed at rejuvenating the rich maritime history of India’s 75 iconic lighthouses and unravel the illustrious stories to the world.