Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (31th March, 2023)« »
Herbalife is Now the Official Partner of BCCI for TATA IPL 2023
- Premier global nutrition company, Herbalife has partnered with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to become one of the official partners of the TATA Indian Premier League (IPL) for the season 2023.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is the national governing body for cricket in India. The board was formed in December 1928 as a society, registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act.
- President of BCCI - Roger Binny
- Secretary of BCCI – Jay Shah
Grammarly Appointed CEO of Indian-Origin
- Indian-origin Rahul Roy Chowdhury is appointed as the next CEO of Grammarly. He will replace Brad Hoover as CEO.
- Grammarly is an online text editing platform based on Artificial Intelligence.
India Fixed Communication Market Revenue Expected to Hit $13.9 bn in 2027
- According to a recent Global Data report, India's fixed communication services revenue is expected to rise from $10.2 billion in 2022 to $13.9 billion in 2027 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4%.
- India Fixed Communications Forecast for January-March 2023, fiber optic lines will account for more than 85 percent of all broadband lines in India by 2027, with fiber optic service revenue expanding at a CAGR of 9.2% between 2022 and 2027.
- According to Srikanth Vaidya, a telecom analyst at Global Data; "During the forecast period, fiber broadband service adoption in India is expected to be driven by rising demand for high-speed internet services and competitively priced fiber broadband plans from operators with benefits such as unlimited internet and access to major SVoD (subscription video on demand) platforms."
World Bank Loan to Karnataka for Clean Drinking Water Supply
- The World Bank has approved a 363 million dollar (USD) loan to Karnataka to provide a clean and safe drinking water to two million rural households in Karnataka through a piped water connection.
- Around 500 rural water reservoirs in seven water-scarce districts—Bengaluru Rural, Bengaluru Urban, Bidar, Chikkaballapura, Kalaburagi, Kolar, and Tumakuru—will be revived as part of the program to help improve groundwater recharge and water storage capacity.
- The Head Quarter of World Bank is in Washington D.C. IN USA.
- The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries.
- Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
Swiss Open Winners 2023
- One of the oldest badminton competitions, the Swiss Open began in 1955. There have been 59 editions of the tournament so far.
- In 2007, the Swiss Open joined the BWF Super Series. The Swiss Open will celebrate its 60th anniversary in 2023.
- The 2023 Swiss Open Badminton tournament started from 21st March 2023. The tournament was held in St. Jakobshalle at Basel from 21 to 26 March.
- Winners of Swiss Open 2023 are
- Men’s Singles : K. Watanabe
- Women’s Singles : P. Chochuwong
- Men’s Doubles : C. Shetty & S. Rankireddy
- Women’s Doubles : R. Miyaura & A. Sakuramoto
- Mixed Doubles : Z. Jiang & Y. Wei
India’s Brahmos Missile
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) signed into a contract with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (BAPL) for the Next Generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries (Long range) (NGMMCB-LR) and BrahMos Missiles. The contract is valued at more than Rs 1,700 crore.
- The Indian Navy's ability to conduct multi-directional maritime strikes will be significantly enhanced by the delivery of NGMMCBs equipped with supersonic BrahMos Missiles, which is expected to begin in 2027.
India’s Second Largest Stadium in Jaipur
- World’s 3rd and India’s 2nd largest cricket stadium after the Narendra Modi Stadium is going to be built in Jaipur.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) and Hindustan Zinc (HZL) in an event at the RCA Academy on Thursday.
India's First Quantum Computing-Based Telecom Network
- The nation's first quantum computing-based telecom network link is now operational in the nation's capital, according to IT and telecom minister.
International Transgender Day of Visibility
- Due to the prejudices that some people have about the transgender community, transgender movements have grown over the past few generations.
- International Transgender Day of Visibility focuses on more of the positive aspects of what it means to be transgender and takes direct action to change the biases of people who don't understand transgender people, unlike holidays that honour transgender people who have suffered.