Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (5th February, 2024)« »
National Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (NRLPS) Signed MoU with BRAC
- National Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (NRLPS) signed MOU with BRAC International, a Global South-led organisation with a mission to empower people and communities.
- The MoU aimed for inclusion of the poorest of the poor under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM), a program under MoRD.
PM Inaugurated CLEA- Commonwealth Attorneys and Solicitors General Conference 2024
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Commonwealth Legal Education Association (CLEA) - Commonwealth Attorneys and Solicitors General Conference (CASGC) 2024 at Vigyan Bhawan.
- The theme of the conference is Cross-Border Challenges in Justice Delivery.
- The conference serves as a unique platform by offering a forum for interaction among different stakeholders in the Commonwealth legal fraternity.
- It includes a round table conference tailored for Attorneys and Solicitors general aiming to develop a comprehensive roadmap to address the challenges in legal education and transnational justice delivery.
Abhinav Bindra Selected as Torchbearer for the Paris Olympics 2024
- Abhinav Bindra has been selected as a torchbearer for the Paris Olympic Games 2024.
- He will be part of the Olympic torch relay, which is set to last 68 days, covering 65 territories, including five overseas territories.
- He was an India's first individual gold medalist in the men's 10m air rifle event at the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008.
GHAR and Track Child Portal for Child Restoration and Repatriation
- Ministry of Women and Child Development and NCPCR launched Track Child Portal and the GHAR – GO Home and Re-Unite Portal respectively.
- Track Child Portal enables tracking of the missing and found children in all States/UTs including Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Northeastern States and Jharkhand.
- The Track Child portal is integrated with the CCTNS or Crime and Criminal Tracking & Network Systems of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- One component of Track Child Portal has “Khoya-Paya” where any citizen can report any missing or sighted children.
- The GHAR portal has been developed to digitally monitor and track the restoration and repatriation of children as per the protocols under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 and Rules.
Pawan Kumar Assumes Appointed as Chief Adviser (Cost) in Ministry of Finance
- Shri Pawan Kumar was appointed as Chief Adviser (Cost), Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- Previously, he was an Additional Chief Adviser (Cost) in the Indian Cost Accounts Service.
- He played a pivotal role in the development of a web-based Online Dashboard for performance evaluation of CPSEs in the Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Finance.
India Launched UPI Payments at Eiffel Tower in Paris
- India launched Unified Payment Interface (UPI) at the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
- The UPI was formally launched at the Republic Day reception held in France.
- Indian tourists now make payments in rupees in France.