Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (6th February, 2024)« »
Inauguration of ONGC Sea Survival Centre
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Sea Survival Centre in Goa on 6th February 2024.
- The ONGC Sea Survival Centre stands out as a unique Integrated Sea Survival Training Centre designed to elevate the Indian sea survival training landscape to international benchmarks.
- With an annual capacity to train 10,000-15,000 individuals, the center employs simulated and controlled harsh weather conditions during exercises to improve the sea survival skills of participants.
- This enhancement aims to significantly improve the likelihood of a safe escape from real-life disasters.
India Energy Week 2024
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate India Energy Week 2024.
- India Energy Week 2024 is scheduled to take place in Goa from 6th to 9th February.
- This event stands as India's most extensive and exclusive energy exhibition and conference, uniting the entire energy value chain.
- It aims to act as a catalyst for India's energy transition objectives. Additionally, the Prime Minister is set to engage in a roundtable discussion with global oil and gas CEOs and experts.
- A significant emphasis during India Energy Week 2024 will be on promoting and nurturing startups, with a focus on integrating them into the energy value chain.
North - East Sammelan Organised in New Delhi
- A North-East Sammelan was held at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi on 4th February 2024.
- The proceedings began with Ministers paying tribute to Baba Saheb Ambedkar.
- The Ministers virtually laid the foundation stone for the North Eastern Cultural and Social Institute in Dwarka and inaugurated the Barak Hostel at JNU, New Delhi.
- The center will also incorporate facilities like a State Handloom Display, a food court, and exhibition spaces.
PM Lays Foundation Stone for Development Projects in Guwahati, Assam
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for projects amounting to Rs 11,000 crores in Guwahati, Assam.
- The focal points in Guwahati include initiatives aimed at enhancing sports and medical infrastructure and improving connectivity.
- The Prime Minister expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to be present in Assam, seeking the blessings of Maa Kamakhya, to inaugurate and lay the foundation stone for projects totaling Rs 11,000 crores.
Justice Ritu Bahri Becomes First Woman Chief Justice of Uttarakhand High Court
- Justice Ritu Bahri has assumed the role of the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand High Court.
- The oath was administered by the Governor, Lt Gen (retd) Gurmit Singh, in a splendid ceremony at Raj Bhawan.
- She succeeds the retiring Chief Justice, Vipin Sanghi. Prior to this appointment, she served as the Acting Chief Justice in Punjab and Haryana.