Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (6th November, 2023)« »
Indian Diplomat, Surendra Adhana, has Been Re-Elected to Serve UN for 2024-26
- Surendra Adhana, a senior Indian diplomat, has been re-elected to the Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ) at the United Nations for the term 2024-26.
Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ)
- The ACABQ plays a crucial role within the UN by reviewing and offering recommendations on the organization's budget, administrative policies, and financial affairs.
- The ACABQ consists of 21 members elected by the General Assembly, chosen for their expertise.
- These members serve in an individual capacity rather than as representatives of specific member states.
- The committee is elected for a three-year period and is meticulously organized to guarantee diverse geographical representation.
Shri Sarbananda Sonowal Flagged Off the Maiden Voyage of the Vessel Costa Serena
- Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, the Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways and AYUSH, inaugurated the inaugural journey of Costa Serena, India's premier International Cruise Liner, from Mumbai.
- This occasion signifies the beginning of a revolutionary period in India's cruise and tourism sector, propelled by the forward-thinking "Dekho Apna Desh" initiative led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
India and Italy Signed the Mobility and Migration Partnership Agreement
- India and Italy entered into the Mobility and Migration Partnership Agreement.
- This pact aims to streamline the movement of workers, students, and professionals between the two nations.
The NBA has Partnered with Bhaane Private Limited
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) has entered a multiyear partnership with Bhaane Private Limited, an Indian clothing brand, to manage NBAStore.in.
- This online store offers Indian fans the most extensive range of official NBA merchandise ever accessible in the country.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Opens Branch of SBI in Sri Lanka's Trincomalee
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched a new State Bank of India (SBI) branch in Trincomalee.
- She engaged in discussion with her counterparts from Sri Lanka as part of the 12th round of the Economic and Technology Cooperation Agreement (ETCA).
World Tsunami Awareness Day 2023
- On November 5th every year, a worldwide community gathers to observe World Tsunami Awareness Day, highlighting the significance of understanding and awareness about tsunamis.
- This year's theme, "Fighting Inequality for a Resilient Future," underscores the importance of addressing disparities for a stronger future.
- Tsunamis are highly destructive natural disasters, are frequently triggered by underwater disturbances such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, landslides, and even extraterrestrial collisions.