Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (7th December, 2023)« »
Akshata Krishnamurthy Becomes First Indian to Operate Mars Rover
- Dr. Akshata Krishnamurthy is the first Indian citizen to operate the Mars Perseverance rover.
- She is currently working for NASA as the mission science phase lead for the NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar.
- NASA personnel are actively searching for indications of past life and gathering rock specimens on Mars through the Perseverance Rover.
Jithesh John Appointed as IBBI's Executive Director
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) appointed Jithesh John as new Executive Director of the board.
- He was an Indian Economic Service Officer from the 2001 batch and previously served as an Economic Advisor in the Ministry of Power.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)
- IBBI is a key institution in implementing the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India was established on 1st October 2016 under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code).
Tripura CM Launches First Ever Groundwater Treatment Plant
- Tripura Chief Minister Dr. Manik Saha launches the first ever Superiority Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) groundwater treatment plant located in Ushabazar, Agartala.
- With a substantial daily capacity of eight million liters, the plant was constructed at an expenditure of Rs 78 crore.
- Equipped with a smart water quality meter and remote-control features, the plant is designed to ensure the purity of water.
Saudi Arabia Announces Visa Within 48 Hours and 96-hr Stopover Visa for Indian Haj Pilgrims
- Saudi Arabia announces the issuance of visas within 48 hours and 96-hour stopover visa.
- Indian citizens are now permitted to undertake Umrah using business, tourism, and Umrah visas.
- The Umrah visa is valid for 90 days and allows the holders to reside and visit any Saudi Arabian city.
Manisha Padhi Appointed India's First Woman Aide De Camp
- Squadron leader Manisha Padhi, a 2015 batch Indian Air Force (IAF) officer became the first woman in the country to ascend to the post of Aide-de-Camp (ADC).
- Prior to her recent assignment, Squadron Leader Padhi served at Air Force stations located in Bidar, Pune, and Bhatinda.
Panchayati Raj Ministry Launches “Gram Manchitra” App
- The Ministry of Panchayati Raj launches Geographic Information System (GIS) application known as "Gram Manchitra."
- Gram Manchitra leverages geo-spatial technology to provide a unified platform for visualizing and planning developmental works across diverse sectors.
- Gram Manchitra empowers Gram Panchayats to holistically visualize and strategize initiatives related to natural resource management, water harvesting, sanitation, agriculture, and other developmental aspects.
Adani Green Energy Becomes World's Second Largest Solar Photovoltaic Developer
- Adani Green Energy Limited becomes the second-largest global solar photovoltaic (PV) developer, as per the latest annual global report by Mercom Capital Group.
- It has a total solar capacity of 18.1 GW, covering operational, under-construction, and awarded (PPA-contracted) projects.
- France-based TotalEnergies secures first position in the global solar energy sector.