Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (7th November, 2023)« »
International Day for Preventing Exploitation of Environment in War and Armed Conflict 2023
- On November 6th annually, the International Day for Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict is observed.
- The significance of the day is Environmental Consequences of Conflict, Promoting Peace and Security, Sustainable Development Goals and Global Collaboration.
Heeralal Samariya Sworn in as Chief Information Commissioner
- Heeralal Samariya, the Information Commissioner, has been formally appointed as the head of the Central Information Commission (CIC) by President Droupadi Murmu.
- The swearing-in ceremony took place at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, during which President Murmu administered the oath of office to Mr. Samariya.
IPS Officer Pravin Madhukar Pawar Appointed as CBI Joint Director
- An Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Pravin Madhukar Pawar has been designated as the Joint Director at the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment to the post of joint director, CBI, for five years.
First Australia India Education and Skill Council Meeting
- The inaugural meeting of the Australia India Education and Skill Council (AIESC) is to be hosted at IIT Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- The meeting is co-chaired by Dharmendra Pradhan, the Education Minister of India, Jason Clare, the Australian Education Minister, and Brendan O'Connor, the Australian Minister for Skills and Training.
- The Australian India Education Council (AIEC) was established as a bi-national entity in 2011 to provide strategic guidance for educational, training, and research collaborations between the two nations.
COLORS Collaborates with Women and Child Development Ministry
- COLORS, the entertainment channel, collaborates with the Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD).
- The collaboration extends its support for the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao initiative through their upcoming show, "Doree,".
- It will contribute to spreading awareness regarding the issue of girl child abandonment.
Bangladesh to Host 24th Asian Archery Championships in 2025
- Bangladesh secured the opportunity to host the 24th Asian Archery Championships in 2025 after winning by a vote of 14-10 during the World Archery Asia Congress held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Total twenty-four member countries of the Asian continent participated in the congress.
- The 23rd Asian Archery Championship was commenced on November 5 in Bangkok, Thailand.