Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (9th December, 2023)« »
Samir Shah Appointed as Chairman of BBC
- Dr. Samir Shah is appointed as the chairman of British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC).
- He is a media executive born in India with more than four decades of experience in UK broadcasting.
- Prior to him Richard Sharp, was the chairman of BBC.
- He was honoured with a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) by Queen Elizabeth II in 2019.
Indian Oil and EKI Energy Sign MoU to Promote ‘Surya Nutan’
- Indian Oil Corporation and EKI Energy Services had signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) up to promote "Surya Nutan”.
- Surya Nutan, is an inventive indoor solar cooking system created by Indian Oil Corporation.
- This partnership aims to utilize carbon finance and other sustainable methods to boost the production, distribution, and adoption of this environmentally friendly cooking solution.
India’s First Bullet Train Station
- Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw posted a video of India's first bullet train railway station located at the Sabarmati, multimodal transport hub in Ahmedabad.
- These visuals show a glimpse of the modern-day architecture clubbed with cultural heritage.
- The first bullet train station is equipped with state-of-the-art features designed to serve passengers with a comfortable travel experience.
Swiggy Appoints Anand Kripalu as Independent Director
- Swiggy has appointed Anand Kripalu as an independent director and the chairperson of its Board of Directors.
- Anand (Kripalu) is a veteran in the consumer goods industry.
Actor Junior Mehmood Passes Away
- Junior Mehmood passed away at the age of 67.
- The actor was battling with stomach cancer.
- The actor had worked in over 250 films in his career.
IBM Launches First-Ever 1,000-Qubit Chip
- IBM has recently achieved in its quantum computing endeavours with the launch of Condor.
- Condor is a quantum processor featuring an impressive 1,121 qubits.
- This represents a progression in IBM's quantum roadmap, presenting a quantum machine surpassing the 1,000-qubit threshold for the first time.
- The company is redirecting its emphasis from sheer qubit quantity to giving priority to enhancing error resistance in its quantum machines.