Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (13th February, 2024)« »
UPI and RuPay Card Launched in Sri Lanka and Mauritius
- The Unified Payments Interface (UPI), and RuPay card services are launched in Sri Lanka and Mauritius.
- UPI and RuPay services will facilitates seamless digital transactions for Indian nationals visiting these countries and Mauritian nationals traveling to India.
- These moves underscores India’s commitment to fostering financial inclusion and enhancing cross-border digital connectivity.
International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2024
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is annually observed on 11th February.
- The day aims to promote full and equal access and participation of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- The theme of the day 2024 is Women and Girls in Science Leadership, a New Era for Sustainability and the subtheme is Think Science … Think Peace.
IREDA and IIT Bhubaneswar Signed MoU for Clean Energy Innovation
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar.
- The MoU aims to support collaborative efforts in innovation and research initiatives, technology transfer, and nurturing the start-up ecosystem.
Amit Panghal and Sachin Siwach won Gold Medals at Strandja Memorial Tournament
- World Championship medalist Amit Panghal and Sachin Siwach won a gold individually in boxing at the 75th Strandja Memorial tournament in Bulgaria.
- The 2019 World Championship silver medalist Panghal (51kg) pulled off a dominating 5-0 triumph over Kazakhstan's Sanzhar Tashkenbay in the men's flyweight final.
- Sachin (57kg), out-punched Uzbekistan's Shakhzod Muzafarov by a 5-0 verdict.
Sindhu Ganapathy Appointed as the First Transwoman Travelling Ticket Examiner
- Sindhu Ganapathy was appointed as the first transwoman Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE) of Southern Railway.