Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (23rd November, 2023)« »
World Fisheries Day 2023
- World Fisheries Day is observed annually on 21st November.
- This global observance aims to bring attention to the pressing issues within the fishing industry, such as overfishing, environmental degradation, and the impact of climate change.
- In 2020, the Indian government introduced the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- This scheme is a substantial initiative with the goal of achieving a fish production target of 22 million metric tonnes and generating seafood exports worth Rs 1 lakh crore by the financial year 2024-25.
Sourav Ganguly as 'Brand Ambassador of Bengal'
- During the Bengal Global Business Summit in Kolkata, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee appointed Sourav Ganguly, the former cricketer and past president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), as the official "Brand Ambassador of Bengal."
Shri Anurag Singh Thakur Inaugurates 17th Edition of Film Bazaar at IFFI, Goa
- Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, the Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Youth Affairs & Sports, launched the Film Bazaar, the biggest South Asian film market held at the Marriott Resort in Goa.
- This vibrant marketplace serves as a hub for filmmakers, producers, and storytellers globally, fostering a fusion of ideas and collaborations.
- Indian Media & Entertainment industry, with an annual growth rate of 20%, is hailed as the fifth-largest and most globalized industry in the world.
Exercise “VAJRA PRAHAR 2023”
- The 14th edition of the Indo-US Joint Special Forces exercise, "VAJRA PRAHAR 2023," commenced at the Joint Training Node situated in Umroi, Meghalaya.
- This collaborative exercise involves the Indian Army and US Army Special Forces, focusing on exchanging expertise and lessons learned in joint mission planning and operational tactics.
- The inaugural session took place in India back in 2010, and the 13th edition was held at the Special Forces Training School (SFTS) in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
Microsoft Appoints Aparna Gupta as Global Delivery Center Leader
- Aparna Gupta has been named the leader of Microsoft's Global Delivery Center (GDC), an integral segment of the Industry Solutions Delivery within the broader Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) organization.
- Since its inception in Hyderabad in 2005, Microsoft’s Global Delivery Center (GDC) has evolved as the operational extension of Industry Solutions Delivery.
- Its growth journey has led to the establishment of two additional locations: Bangalore and Noida.
ICC Bans Transgender Players from International Women’s Cricket
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) recently enforced a ban on transgender cricketers from engaging in top-tier international women's cricket.
- Earlier this year, Danielle McGahey made history as the inaugural transgender cricketer to participate in international cricket, representing Canada in six T20I matches.
AIFF and Odisha Govt Signed MoU for FIFA-AIFF Academy
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) and the Government of Odisha joined hands with FIFA to ink a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), laying the foundation for the AIFF-FIFA Talent Academy.
- The momentous agreement was signed in the presence of Arsène Wenger, FIFA’s Chief of Global Football Development.