Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (24th January, 2024)« »
Parakram Diwas 2024
- Every year Parakram Diwas is observed on 23rd January, it marks the marks the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- This day is a celebration of his unwavering spirit and significant contributions to India's independence.
- In 2024, the nation marks the 127th edition of Parakram Diwas.
PM Modi Launches Solar Power Scheme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the 'Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana'.
- It is a government initiative aiming to provide rooftop solar power systems to one crore households.
- This is not the first effort to encourage the adoption of rooftop solar power systems, a previous initiative was the Rooftop Solar Programme launched in 2014.
- The objective of that program was to achieve a cumulative installed capacity of 40,000 megawatts (MW) or 40 gigawatts (GW) by 2022.
- Unfortunately, this goal was not met, leading to an extension of the deadline from 2022 to 2026.
- The Pradhan Mantri Suryodaya Yojana appears to be a renewed initiative to work towards the target of 40 GW rooftop solar capacity.
Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar-2024
- In the year 2024, the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar has been conferred upon the 60 Parachute Field Hospital in Uttar Pradesh for its outstanding performance in Disaster Management.
- Under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the Government of India has established the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar.
- It is an annual award designed to acknowledge and commend the commendable contributions and selfless service provided by individuals and organizations in India within the field of disaster management.
- The award includes a cash prize of Rs. 51 lakhs and a certificate for institutions,
- and Rs. 5 lakhs along with a certificate for individuals.
Vice-President to Inaugurate 'Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman' Campaign
- On 24th January 2024, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, the Vice-President, will inaugurate a year-long nationwide campaign titled 'Hamara Samvidhan, Hamara Samman'.
- It is to commemorate the 75th Year of India as a Republic.
- The inauguration ceremony will be held at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
- The campaign is designed to renew our collective dedication to the principles embedded in the Constitution of India and celebrate the shared values that unite our nation.
- This countrywide initiative aims to build a sense of pride and responsibility in upholding the ideals outlined in the constitutional framework.
'Sri Ram Mahotsav' and 'Khadi Samvad' in Haryana
- On the auspicious occasion of Sri Ram Lalla's Pran Pratishtha (Consecration ceremony) in Sri Ayodhya Dham, 'Sri Ram Mahotsav' and 'Khadi Samvad' was organized in village Jhumpa village in Haryana.
- To take the resolution of 'Self-reliant and Developed India' of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to a new dimension, Khadi and Village Industries Commission, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, distributed machinery and toolkits in District Bhiwani, Tehsil-Siwani, Village-Jhumpa of Haryana.
- The chief guest of the program was Shri Biplab Kumar Deb, Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha.
Exercise Khanjar 2024
- The 11th edition of the India-Kyrgyzstan Joint Special Forces Exercise KHANJAR has started at the Special Forces Training School in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- This exercise will take place from 22nd January 2024 to 3rd February 2024.
- This annual event takes place alternatively in both countries.
- The Indian Army contingent, comprising 20 personnel, hails from The Parachute Regiment (Special Forces), while the Kyrgyzstan contingent, also consisting of 20 personnel, is represented by the Scorpion Brigade.
- The primary objective of the exercise is to facilitate the exchange of experiences and best practices in Counter-Terrorism and Special Forces Operations, particularly in Built-up Areas and Mountainous Terrain, in line with Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter.