Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (27th January, 2024)« »
National Tourism Day 2024
- National Tourism Day is annually observed on 25th January and was first celebrated in 1948.
- The theme of the day 2024 is Sustainable Journeys, Timeless Memories.
- It aims to promote popular tourist destinations across the country and to preserve the nation's cultural heritage.
National Voters Day 2024
- The National Voters’ Day is celebrated every year on 25th January in India.
- It was first celebrated in 2011.
- It was celebrated to encourage the country’s voters to participate in the electoral process.
- The theme of the day 2024 is Nothing Like Voting, I Vote For sure.
Defence Ministry Signed Rs 1,070 Cr Deal with MDL
- The defense ministry signed a Rs 1,070 crore agreement with Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd (MDL).
- The agreement aims to acquire 14 fast patrol vessels for the Indian Coast Guard.
- MDL will undertake the indigenous design, development, and manufacturing of these multi-role fast patrol vessels, with delivery scheduled within 63 months.
G. Kishan Reddy Inaugurated New Sound and Light Show and Facade Illumination
- Union Minister of Tourism and Culture, G Kishan Reddy inaugurated a new Light and Sound show and Facade Illumination at Golconda Fort.
- The show was funded by Indian Oil Foundation, is a multimedia experience unlike the earlier static show.
- The two initiatives aimed at improving facilities and enhancing the tourist experience.
Suryakumar Yadav Awarded ICC T20I Player of the Year For 2023
- Suryakumar Yadav has been awarded the ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year award.
- He has been conferred with the honour for the second time in a row.
- International Cricket Council (ICC) described him as the backbone of India's middle order.
President Droupadi Murmu Inaugurated Kaushal Bhawan
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu inaugurated Kaushal Bhawan – a new building of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in New Delhi.
- The building provides office space for the Ministry as well as its associated organisations – the Directorate General of Training, the National Council for Vocational Education and Training and the National Skill Development Corporation.
Prasanna B Varale Appointed as Supreme Court Judge
- Prasanna B Varale appointed as Supreme Court Judge.
- Previously, he was serving as the Chief Justice of the Karnataka High Court.