Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (2nd February, 2024)« »
boAt Ties Up with Shoobhi Foundation for CSR initiative
- boAt has collaborated with the Shoobhi Foundation for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative.
- This collaboration contributes to the provision of clean and safe drinking water in public areas and communities across Delhi NCR.
- A certified water brand, Whater will also play a role of distribution partner, delivering clean drinking water in recyclable bottles through designated carts and strollers.
Indian Coast Guard Day 2024
- The Indian Coast Guard Day or ICG Day is annually observed on 1 February.
- The day aims to honor the contribution of the Coast Guard and is dedicated to the officers and personnel who look after maritime security.
- The theme of the day 2024 is Indian Coast Guard: Innovating, Protecting, and Serving with Valor.
BCCI Secretary Jay Shah Reappointed as ACC Chairman
- Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) secretary Jay Shah was reappointed as the president of the Asian Cricket Council for a third consecutive term.
- He was appointed president of the ACC for first time in 2021 from the president of the Bangladesh Cricket Board Nazmul Hassan and became the youngest administrator.
- His tenure as ACC president was extended till January 2025.
Karnataka Signs MoU with Wistron for a Laptop Manufacturing Plant
- The government of Karnataka and Wistron (ICT Service Management Solutions) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to set up a laptop manufacturing plant.
- Under the MoU, the company would invest ₹1,500 crore which is likely to create around 3,000 employment opportunities.
- The company has planned to commence works related to setting up the plant in July 2024 and to start manufacturing laptops by January 2026.
Sneha Hastham Scheme
- Forest Minister A.K. Saseendran launched the Sneha Hastham scheme.
- The scheme envisaged to organise medical camps in 100 select tribal settlements this year.
- It also aims to propagate awareness regarding hygiene, sanitation and disease prevention.
NSIL Signed MoU with Arianespace to Support Satellite Launch
- NewSpace India Limited (NSIL) and French satellite launch company Arianespace signed a Memorandum of Understanding to support satellite launch missions.
- The MoU aims at establishing a long-term partnership between the two companies to meet the global commercial satellite launch service market needs.
- In MoU, the LVM-3 heavy lift launch vehicle from NSIL/ISRO and the Ariane-6 from Arianespace are poised to cater to the global launch service market requirements.