Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (31th May, 2023)« »
- On May 30 2023, at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) defeated Gujarat Titans (GT) by five wickets, securing their fifth Indian Premier League championship.
- Other Awardee's at IPL 2023:
- Devon Conway wins Player of the Match award.
- Eden Gardens and Wankhede Stadium share the award for the Best Venues of the Season.
- Shubman Gill wins Orange Cap award for scoring most runs.
- Mohammad Shami wins Purple Cap award for taking most wickets.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal wins Emerging Player of the Year award.
Chandigarh Receives Skoch SILVER Award 2023
- The e-Governance initiative of computerizing medical records of livestock treated by the Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries, Chandigarh, has been recognized with the Skoch SILVER Award 2023.
- The primary goal of this application is to streamline the process for animal owners, allowing them to register their animals online for treatment and avail services such as artificial insemination and vaccination.
- It also ensures efficient management of records for Veterinary Hospitals and Sub-Centres, including OPD records, stock book, daily medicine expenditure, and artificial insemination.
Selva Prabhu Breaks National Junior Record
- At the Venizelia-Chania 2023 athletics meet in Greece, Indian athlete Selva Prabhu Thirumaran emerged victorious, securing the gold medal.
- Thirumaran competed in the men's triple jump event and achieved a remarkable feat by setting a new personal best and created the new junior national record.
57th Jnanpith Award
- The prestigious 57th Jnanpith Award, the highest literary recognition in India, has been conferred upon Damodar Mauzo, a writer from Goa known for his contributions as a short story writer, novelist, critic, and scriptwriter in the Konkani language.
- Mauzo's exceptional talent has led him to become the second recipient from Goa, of this esteemed award, following in the footsteps of Ravindra Kelekar, who was honoured in 2008.
India’s First Polarimetry Mission
- In a collaborative effort, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and the Raman Research Institute (RRI) based in Bengaluru, are working together to develop the X-Ray Polarimeter Satellite (XPoSat). The satellite is scheduled for launch later this year.
- It is India's pioneering polarimetry mission aimed at studying various dynamics of astronomical sources in extreme conditions.
- It is the world’s second and India’s first polarimetry mission using X-Ray.
ISRO’s GSLV-F12 Success
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on May 29 successfully placed the NVS-01 navigation satellite, weighing about 2232 kg, into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit.
- The primary objective of this launch is to enhance the continuity of Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC) services, offering precise and real-time navigation services in India and the surrounding region.
Goa Statehood Day 2023
- On May 30, 1987, Goa attained statehood after being under Portuguese rule for centuries.
- The Portuguese initially conquered Goa in 1510 when Alfonso de Albuquerque triumphed over Adil Shah of Bijapur, the then ruler of the region. After four centuries, India reclaimed Goa from Portuguese control.
- This year commemorates the 36th anniversary of Goa's statehood accomplishment.