Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (23rd January, 2024)« »
Ram Mandir Pran Pratishtha
- The opening ceremony of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya is scheduled to be held on 22nd January 2024.
- It is a significant celebration in India's cultural and spiritual legacy.
- This event symbolizes the realization of extensive planning and construction efforts, drawing worshippers from both within the nation and around the globe.
- Central to the inauguration is the Pran Pratishtha ceremony, wherein the idol of Lord Ram, known as Ram Lalla, will be ritually installed in the temple.
- This significant ceremony is scheduled to occur between 12:15 pm and 12:45 pm.
G. Kishan Reddy Inaugurates Five New Galleries at Salar Jung Museum
- G. Kishan Reddy, the Minister of Union Culture and Tourism, officially opened five new galleries at the Salar Jung Museum in Hyderabad.
- During the event, the minister highlighted that the Salar Jung Museum, has undertaken initiatives to modernize and enhance its offerings.
- This involves restructuring existing galleries and incorporating new ones featuring collections with captivating potential to engage the public.
Daljit Singh Chaudhary Appointed as New Director General of SSB
- Daljit Singh Chaudhary was appointed as the director general of the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- He is an Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Uttar Pradesh and is presently working as Special Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force.
- The SSB guards India's frontiers with Nepal and Bhutan.
India Elected as First Vice Chair of COFI Sub-committee on Fisheries Management
- India was appointed as the first vice-chair of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Committee on Fisheries (COFI) Sub-Committee on Fisheries Management.
- India will serve as member of a FAO Fisheries Bureau on 'Capture Fisheries' for the first time in 57 years.
- India is one of the top fishing nations with over 28 million inland and marine fishers.