Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (30th November, 2023)« »
India to Launch First Ever Tranche of Critical and Strategic Minerals Auction
- The inaugural auction for critical and strategic minerals, organized by the Ministry of Mines, is scheduled to take place on November 29, 2023.
- A total of twenty blocks containing critical and strategic minerals, strategically located across the country, will be up for bidding.
- This initiative is poised to stimulate our economy, fortify national security, and facilitate our shift towards a cleaner and sustainable energy future.
Mitrashakti 2023 Joint Military Exercise
- The joint military exercise Mitrashakti 2023 is conducted between the Indian Army and the Sri Lankan Army.
- It was concluded at the foreign training node of Pune's southern command.
- Spanning over 12 days, the exercise was designed to cultivate a more profound understanding of the operational strategies and tactics employed by each participating force.
Bharat Biotech Signs MoU with University of Sydney
- Bharat Biotech and the University of Sydney Infectious Diseases Institute (Sydney ID) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to advance vaccine research initiatives and enhance partnerships between academia and industry.
- This collaboration seeks to develop innovative methodologies to address upcoming epidemics and infectious diseases, capitalizing on the combined strengths of academia and industry for the advancement of vaccines and biotherapeutics.
Angkor Wat Becomes the 8th wonder of the world
- Situated in the center of Cambodia, Angkor Wat has recently been designated as the 8th wonder of the world, surpassing Italy's Pompeii in prestige.
- As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it not only holds the distinction of being the largest religious structure globally but also stands as a testament to both architectural brilliance and profound cultural significance.
Odisha CM Launches 'AMA Bank' Scheme
- Odisha’s CM, Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the "AMA Bank" scheme.
- This initiative is aimed at delivering banking services through CSP Plus banking outlets in all unbanked Gram Panchayats (GPs) in Odisha.
- Odisha takes the lead as the first state in India to conceive and execute such a comprehensive scheme dedicated to achieving financial inclusion.