Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (9th November, 2023)« »
Axis Bank and IRMA Signed MOU To Promote Financial Inclusion and Literacy in India
- Axis Bank and the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to create the Axis Bank Chair for promoting financial inclusion at IRMA.
- This initiative is set to have a significant impact on driving forward financial inclusion and enhancing financial literacy in India.
- The Axis Bank Chair for Financial Inclusion has been established for a period of five years.
World Radiography Day 2023
- World Radiography Day is observed annually on 8th November.
- This day is dedicated to the momentous discovery of X-radiation by the German physicist Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen in 1895.
- The theme of Radiography Day 2023 is “Celebrating Patient Safety.”
Chile Becomes 95th Member of International Solar Alliance ISA
- Chile has officially joined the International Solar Alliance (ISA) as its 95th member.
- This signifies Chile's commitment to participate in the initiatives and fulfil goals of the ISA.
- ISA aims at promoting solar energy and sustainable development.
Ministry of Tourism, GOI participates in WTM 2023
- The Union Ministry of Tourism, in partnership with a range of stakeholders such as travel operators and state tourism departments, is taking part in the esteemed World Travel Market (WTM) in London.
- This event was held between 6th to 8th November 2023.
- The theme for 2023 is ‘Incredible India! Visit India Year 2023.’
Vidit Gujrathi, Vaishali R Claim Titles at FIDE Grand Swiss Chess Event
- Indian chess players Vidit Gujrathi and R Vaishali achieved outstanding positions at the FIDE Grand Swiss Chess 2023 held at the Isle of Man.
- Vidit R secured the title against Alexander Predke, accumulating 8.5 points out of a possible 11.
- Vaishali Gujrathi became the first Indian to win the Grand Swiss.
IREDA Launches CSR Portal for Enhanced Transparency in Social Initiatives
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has introduced a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) portal with the aim of enhancing transparency in its CSR endeavors.
- The portal was launched during the event of “Vigilance Awareness Week 2023”, held at the company's registered office in Delhi.
- This portal will serve as a platform for transparently managing and processing CSR requests from various organizations and institutions.
- It will be accessible 24/7 and will include a CSR policy and proposal checklist for the examination of CSR requests.
- The portal is designed to streamline the execution of IREDA's social welfare initiatives as part of its CSR commitments and ensure that these efforts are easily accessible to the public.