Home / Current Affairs
Current Affairs (18th November, 2023)« »
JSW Bags Award to Develop Greenfield Port in Karnataka
- JSW Infrastructure, a significant participant in India's port industry under the JSW Group received a letter of award to construct an advanced, all-weather, deep-water greenfield port at Keni in Karnataka.
- Valued at Rs.4,119 crore, this port project will be undertaken through a public-private partnership.
- This major initiative aims to elevate maritime infrastructure and stimulate trade in the North Karnataka area.
Google is Releasing its AI Chatbot Bard to Teenagers
- Google is making a notable move to address the educational requirements of adolescents through the introduction of Bard, its AI chatbot.
- The minimum age for managing a Google Account is 13, Bard's availability will comply with regional rules, which might establish slightly higher age requirements.
- To improve the accuracy of Bard's information, Google has integrated a 'double-check' response feature, particularly when addressing fact-based inquiries.
Indian American Shakuntla Bhaya to The Administrative Conference of US
- US President Joe Biden has appointed Indian American Shakuntla L Bhaya as a member of the Council of the Administrative Conference of the United States.
- Bhaya is a co-owner of a statewide Delaware law firm, Law Offices of Doroshow, Pasquale, Krawitz & Bhaya.
Exercise MITRA SHAKTI-2023
- The ninth edition of the Joint Military exercise, named "Exercise MITRA SHAKTI-2023," commenced in Aundh (Pune), focusing on enhancing cooperation between the Indian and Sri Lankan military forces.
- Scheduled from November 16th to 29th, 2023, this exercise aims to bolster collaboration and mutual understanding between India and Sri Lanka.
- he Indian contingent, comprising 120 personnel mainly from the MARATHA LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment, joins counterparts from the Sri Lankan 53 Infantry Division.
- Additionally, 15 members from the Indian Air Force and five from the Sri Lankan Air Force are participating in this exercise.
‘Hello Naariyal’ Call Centre Launched
- The Coconut Development Board (CDB) has unveiled the "Hello Naariyal" Friends of Coconut Trees (FoCT) call center, aimed at providing a specialized platform for coconut growers.
- This initiative's primary goal is to offer expert guidance and assistance related to coconut cultivation, addressing the needs of growers effectively.
- Notable dignitaries such as C.F. Joseph, Advisor for Horticulture, Priya Ranjan, Joint Secretary (Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture), and Prabhat Kumar, Horticulture Commissioner and CEO of CDB, graced the launch event.
Indian Navy Launches 4th Anti-Submarine Warfare Craft
- Indian Navy launched the fourth vessel in the Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft (ASW SWC) Project at M/s L&T Shipbuilding named 'Amini' in Kattupalli.
- Presided over by Vice Admiral Sandeep Naithani, Chief of Materiel, the Launch Ceremony marked the culmination of endeavours in indigenous shipbuilding.